down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile


My parents will be moving out of state. How will this affect my residency status?

A financial dependent student whose parents move from Iowa after the student is enrolled remains a resident provided that student maintains continuous enrollment. A financially dependent student whose parents move from Iowa during the senior year of high school will be considered a resident provided the student has not established domicile in another state.  If you have any questions please contact Mary Baumann.  Mary can be contacted at 319-273-2112 or by email

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

I don't remember my student I.D. number. Can this number be given to me over the phone?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prohibits a school from disclosing personally identifiable information from students' education records without the consent of an eligible student.  Due to this, a student number may not be given over the phone to protect the privacy of the student.  If filling out a form that requires this number, please substitute your social security number or visit the office with photo identification to obtain the number. 

How do I request another copy of my diploma? What is the cost?

Diploma replacements are issued in our current style and size of 8 1/2 x 11 inches.  There is a $25.00 replacement fee.  If you wish to place an order please complete the Diploma Reorder Form. This form must be accompanied by a check made out the University of Northern Iowa and may be returned to the following address:

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

When will diplomas be mailed out?

Your diploma and internal grade report will be mailed to your home address (given on the Commencement RSVP) at the end of the month following your graduation date, after grades have been reported by the faculty and eligibility for graduation has been determined. If you wish for your diploma to be mailed to a different address after submitting your graduation application, please notify Kristin Soppe. Kristin can be contacted at or call 319-273-2278.

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 


Subscribe to Parents
Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter