down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Transfer Courses

How do I find out if a course I take at a community college will transfer to UNI?

Credit earned at regionally accredited college and universities is generally acceptable for transfer.  Credit in courses determined by Northern Iowa to be of a remedial, vocational, or technical nature, or credit in courses or programs in which the institution granting the credit is not directly involved, may not be accepted, or may be accepted to a limited extent.  For schools not regionally accredited, the current issue of Transfer Credit Practices of Selected Educational Institutions, published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Subscribe to Transfer Courses
Connect With Us

Office Hours

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer:(M-F) 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter