down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile

How do I declare a major?

The declaration of a major is made through the department offering the major. The choice of a major should be made as early as possible in the student's university career in order to complete the program and fulfill requirements for graduation in a timely manner.

To declare a major, you must file a Declaration of Curriculum form. You may pick up the Declaration of Curriculum form at the departmental office, at the Office of the Registrar, or by clicking on the Forms link on our website. When the major is declared, the student is assigned an advisor in the major department. The form will need to be signed by your major advisor, and then turned into the Office of the Registrar.

When students have declared a major, they are eligible for a Academic Advisement Report. This is prepared by the Office of the Registrar and made available to the student through their MyUNIverse account.

PDF icon DeclarationOfCurriculum.pdf69.51 KB
Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter