down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile

I'm trying to drop my only class online and the system will not allow me to do so. What should I do?

A student who has registered but decides not to come to the University of Northern Iowa should complete the Withdrawal form or contact the Office of the Registrar (319-273-2241 or as early as possible, listing the reasons for withdrawing from the university. WITHDRAWAL AFTER CLASSES BEGIN WILL RESULT IN A TUITION CHARGE. If you received financial aid from the university all or part of this aid may have to be repaid.

A student who has started attending classes who finds it necessary to withdraw from school should initiate the withdrawal through the Office of the Registrar in person or by calling 319-273-2241. Students living in a residence hall also must cancel their housing contract through the Director of the residence hall where they live. Students with financial aid MUST contact the Office of Financial Aid (319-273-2700)

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter