down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile

How do I find out if a course I take at a community college will transfer to UNI?

Credit earned at regionally accredited college and universities is generally acceptable for transfer.  Credit in courses determined by Northern Iowa to be of a remedial, vocational, or technical nature, or credit in courses or programs in which the institution granting the credit is not directly involved, may not be accepted, or may be accepted to a limited extent.  For schools not regionally accredited, the current issue of Transfer Credit Practices of Selected Educational Institutions, published by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) is an example of references used by the University in determining transfer credit.  The acceptance and use of transfer credit is subject to limitations in accordance with the educational policies of the University.  Please visit the Office of Admissions website to see if your courses will transfer to UNI.  Office of Admissions can be contacted at 319-273-2281 or e-mail Admissions.

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter