down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile

How do I request a transcript?

A Transcript Request Form must be completed in order to request a transcript. Students may stop into our office at 115 Gilchrist Hall and fill out the transcript request form. Photo identification is required. If another individual is picking up your transcript, you must supply them with a note that includes your release statement and signature. This individual must also have their photo identification with them.

Requests may also be faxed (319-273-6792), emailed (, or mailed (Office of the Registrar, Transcripts, 115 Gilchrist Hall, Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0006). Transcripts must be requested by the student. However, if a transcript is going directly to a college or university for admission, the request can be made by a parent or spouse.

All transcripts are official. However, some institutions will not accept transcripts that have been in the student's possession. If this is the case, be sure that the transcript is sent directly to the institution.

Transcripts or certificates will not be released until all delinquent accounts have been paid.

We have re-vamped our Transcript Request Form to be a fillable document. Unless you have an electronic signature file stored on your computer, you will be unable to sign the form electronically. As a result, you will need to print out the Transcript Request Form, sign it, and either fax, mail, or scan and email if back to our office.

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter