down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

My parents and I moved away from Iowa during my senior year in high school. Can I be considered a Resident?

Yes, but here is what you need to know.  A financially dependent student whose parents move out of Iowa during the student's senior year of high school will be considered a Resident provided the student has not established domicile in another state and enrolls in the Fall semester immediately following his or her May/June Iowa high school graduation.  Since the Office of Admissions will probably initially classify you as a Non-resident, you should be prepared to submit your own Application for Resident Classification.  It is important that you then maintain continuous Fall/Spring enrollment. 

Connect With Us

Office Hours

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer:(M-F) 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter