down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

My parents are divorced. My dad lives in Iowa, and my mom and I live out-of-state. Do I qualify as a Resident?

Maybe.  You should submit an Application for Resident Classification so that we can look into which parent claims you as a dependent on state resident income taxes, and which parent provides the majority of your financial support.  This is also the case if one of your parents works in Iowa and you live with your other parent outside of Iowa.

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 
Connect With Us

Office Hours

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer:(M-F) 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter