down arrowMenu

Office of the Registrar

Slideshow Front

Football Game
Passing Time
Lightning at the Campanile

Course Overloads

Posted on Tuesday, March 12th, 2013

Registering for classes and realize that you need to take more credits than the maximum allowed? Don’t worry! All you need to do is get a course overload. This can be done by simply filling out an Undergraduate Student Request Form with the number of credit hours you want to take. Undergraduate Student Request forms are available in our office, in some offices across campus, and on our website.

Once you have filled the form out with number of credit hours, take the form to get signed by your Academic Advisor. Once your advisor has signed the form, bring it to our office where one of the staff members will perform the overload. After the staff member tells you the overload has gone through, you can log onto any computer after your Enrollment Appointment and add your final course to complete your registration!

Connect With Us

Office Location/Hours

115 Gilchrist Hall

Fall/Spring: (M-F) 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


(319) 273-2241


(319) 273-6792


link to Facebook


link to Twitter