Office of the Registrar


Ordering Information

University of Northern Iowa has retained Credentials Solutions, LLC to accept transcript orders over the Internet. Please use the Transcript Request link available in MyUNIverse. You do not need to be currently enrolled to use MyUNIverse. If you do not know your MyUNIverse username and/or password, you can contact the Service Desk at (319) 273-5555 for assistance. Please note: Passwords cannot be reset by email.

After logging into MyUNIverse, select the "My Page" tab, and then click on the "Transcript Request" link in the "Student Center" section. Transcripts are free of charge for PDF and USPS domestic delivery. If you are requesting expedited shipping or if you are sending your transcript to an international location, please have your debit/credit card readily available, as this is the only method of payment available for transcript services.

Official Transcript Information

All transcripts issued from the University of Northern Iowa Office of the Registrar are official, bear the University Registrar's signature, and are printed on secure paper. It is important to note that transcripts picked up from our office, or transcripts sent directly to the student, will be stamped "Issued to Student." Some colleges and universities may not accept transcripts with this stamp as official, so if you are providing your transcript to someone else it is recommended you call to inquire about their policy.

Transcripts must be requested by the current/former student. However, if a transcript is going directly to a college or university for admission purposes, the request can be made by a parent or spouse.

Notarized and Apostilled Transcripts

Some foreign countries may require special treatment of University documents. A notarized transcript is an official transcript that has been authenticated and notarized. The Office of the Registrar will provide a notarized, authenticated transcript at no additional charge. If a notarized transcript is needed, please note that in the "Special Instructions" when ordering.

International institutions and organizations may also require an apostille. The Office of the Registrar is unable to apostille documents. Special arrangements for this must be made by the individual requesting the transcript with the Office of the Secretary of State.


If you have questions about transcript ordering you may contact Credentials Solutions at 1-847-716-3005 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.  

To check the status of an order click here.