The following Standard Class Meeting Times (SCMT) guidelines will be enforced by the Office of the Registrar for all academic departments.
- Courses that deviate from the below schedule will require submission of a Request for Variance Form. It is important to note that it is not guaranteed that a course approved for a variance in prior terms will be approved for a present or future term.
- Each colored block on the above chart represents a standard time block. Courses must begin at the time block start time and end no less than 10 minutes before the next scheduled time block.
- No restrictions on days or times by credit hour.
- Classroom priority will be given to courses held on MWF in 50 minute blocks.
- More than one time block may be used for one class on MWF or TTh (e.g. MWF class from 8:00am to 9:50am or TTh 9:30am to 12:00pm would use two time blocks). However, no more than two time blocks may be used.
- MW or WF or MF classes may not use multiple time blocks until 2pm or later.
- When approvals do not accompany the submitted Schedule of Classes, the process is delayed and puts us at risk of being unable to meet deadlines that will ensure timely distribution of the schedule to students. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Procedures for Requesting a Variance:
Please use the Request for Variance Form for all requests.
Any request for a variance in standard class meeting times must be made through your collegiate Dean. The Dean will provide a recommendation on the request, and then they will forward the form on to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost for a final decision. A Request for Variance Form must clearly articulate why such a variance should be approved.
If the request is approved, the department will submit the form with ALL approval signatures, along with their class schedule, to the Office of the Registrar.