Change a Room Due to a Disability

The Office of the Registrar, as part of the schedule of classes, would like to assist faculty who need to request a room change due to their disability. A room request change is considered a possible workplace accommodation under the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA). All work place accommodations should be sent to Faculty and Staff Disability Services to ensure consistency and compliance under the ADA.

To request a work place accommodation, or for questions on the accommodation process, please contact Therese Callaghan, Employee Health and Well-being coordinator in Human Resource Services, at 319-273-6164 or Additional information on Faculty and Staff Disability Services can be found at faculty/staff disability services.

It is recommended that accommodation requests for room assignments take place prior to the creation of the schedule of classes, or as soon as practicable, to ensure completion prior to the start of classes. Requests for spring semesters should be made by October 1, summer requests by February 1 and fall requests by March 1. Any late occurring need for an accommodation request for an upcoming semester or summer term should be made as soon as practicable after the need arises.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions with regard to this announcement, please feel free to contact Nicole Lehman, University Registrar, directly via phone (319-273-2244) or email (