Office of the Registrar

Student Account Holds and Service Indicators

Advisor Holds

This hold indicates that you will need to meet with your assigned Academic Advisor to have the hold removed prior to registering for courses. Please note that if you are a student in the College of Business Administration, you will need to see the CBA Advising Center for assistance with removing the hold. You can locate your Advisor's contact information from within your Student Center. After logging into MyUNIverse and clicking on the "My Page" tab, you will need to click on the "Go to My Student Center" link. Within Student Center, you will see a box entitled "Advisor" along the right-hand side of the screen. Your Advisor's information will be listed there. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Undergraduate Admissions, International Admissions or Graduate Admissions

These holds usually mean that a document needs to be submitted to complete your applications process.  Please contact the Office of Admissions, Gilchrist Hall room 2 or call 319-273-2281

Extension and/or Guided Independent Study

This hold usually indicates that you need to submit an application for admission as a degree seeking student or you need to submit additional documentation in support of your application for admission to extension or guided independent study.  Please contact the Office of Continuing Education or call 319-273-2121


This hold indicates you are currently on academic suspension from the University.  To inquiry about this status or to apply for readmission, please contact the Office of the University Registrar, Gilchrist 115 or call 319-273-2241


This hold means you need to fill appropriate documentation of your vaccinations against measles/mumps and rubella. Please contact the Health Clinic, Student Health Center room 16 or call 319-273-2009.  More information is available at this website:

Student Accounts

This hold means you have an outstanding financial balance due to the University. Please contact Business Operations  - Student Accounts, Gilchrist 103 or call 319-273-2164


This hold indicates you are in financial arrears repaying your Perkins loan. Please contact Perkins Loans, Gilchrist 103 or call 319-273-6441

Terms and Conditions

This hold indicates that you have not yet completed your U-bill Terms and Conditions Task.  Please contact the Office of Business Operations-Student Accounts, or call 319-273-2164, for specific details.


A hold on releasing your academic transcript has been placed by the Office of the University Registrar.  Please contact them at Gilchrist 115 or 319-273-2241 for additional information.


This was placed against your registration status by the Office of the University Registrar.  A variety of situations may exist which prompted this hold.  Please see the Office of the University Registrar, Gilchrist Hall 115 or call 319-273-2241 for specific details.